Replace Your Indiana Drivers License
If your Indiana drivers license has been lost, stolen, or destroyed, you'll need to get it replaced immediately to avoid getting a ticket or risking suspension. We offer links to resources that will save you time and get you going in the right direction. Select from the options below to get started.
2: By mail, if eligible (read below for instructions)
3: In person at a local BMV office
Replace Your Indiana Drivers License Online
You may only replace a driver's license twice online before you must visit a BMV location near you. You can replace your driver's license online if you meet the following conditions:
• You are a citizen of the United States.
• There is no change in your name, address, or other information.
• Your license is not expired.
• Your record does not have restrictions
• Your previous photo is on file.
• You are not suspended or invalidated.
• You are not switching from a non-SecureID to a SecureID.
Replace a Drivers License in Indiana in Person
What to bring when replacing your license:
• Proof of identification
• Proof of Social Security
• Proof of lawful status in the U.S.
• Two documents proving your Indiana address
• Payment for $10 duplicate license fee
For a complete checklist of the required documentation Click Here
Replacing an Identification Card
To replace a lost or stolen identification card you must visit a Bureau of Motor Vehicles location near you.
- Replace your Indiana CDL license here.
- Replace your Indiana Car Title here.
- Replace your Indiana Car Registration here.